“The ordering and delivery process to our remote location was very easy. Great communication with the team. The builders enjoyed working with the cabin and customizing the open air shower/toilet annex to match. The materials are great quality, including the double glazing. We are very happy with the outcome and we have had good feedback from our guests”.
NOAHS HUT VICTORIA
Shed Spotlight – Noah’s Hut
Isn’t it magnificent, how mother nature has so much to offer to us. However, by confining ourselves to the cities which are full of pollution from factories and traffic, as well as chaos, we have lost our connection with the nature.
Using a 9m2 Star Cabin SheShed, Mathew started a project named Noah’s Hut, to help you reconnect your soul with mother nature. Noah’s Hut philosophy is, take nothing but photos and leave nothing but footprints.
The purpose of Noah’s Hut is to recreate their own corner of nature to enjoy to your hearts content.
Noah’s Hut offers you all the comforts a human could ask for, a comfy queen size bed to give you a goodnight sleep, heavy wool blankets, double-glazed windows, thermal doonas, towels and linen. All the elements of comfort are beside you in the hut.
The hut is surrounded with native flora and fauna. Therefore, Noah’s Hut has no reception desk or lap pools to offer, it is just the hospitality of nature at your service.
However, they do have modern day essentials that no human can live without. The cabin has 12v power installed, but there’s no power sockets here, just 2 USB ports (for essentials such as charging a mobile phone), hot water outdoor shower, compost toilet, outdoor basin (with drinkable water), rechargeable Bluetooth speaker, soap, and body wash. And importantly for any bush holiday, hammocks & fire put.
So why create your own AirBnB?
A well presented AirBnB can become a lucrative revenue stream. Even after the impact of Covid 19, AirBnB found that 80 percent of bookings were for stays in regional areas outside of capital cities and there were more bookings for domestic travel on Airbnb in Australia than in the same time period last year. (AirBnB Australia)
A report from AirBnB looking at travel in 2021 shows that “we will see a shift toward more meaningful travel as the pandemic continues to limit mass tourism and afflict the industry overall. When travel returns in 2021, it will be about connecting with loved ones through more personal trips, with mass tourism unlikely to return at any scale this year.”
How to create an AirBnB in a SheShed
SheShed have a range of suitable cabins for an AirBnB. Whether you want to keep it simple and modest like Noah’s Hut in a Star Cabin, or you wish to offer more space with a Brook River Log Cabin.
Our SheSheds provide the chance to getaway and unplug from the world while maintaining the comfort, privacy and relaxation of an AirBnB.
Tips to get the best from your AirBnb:
- Photos: While this seems obvious, it is the photos that will sell your AirBnB. Ensure your photos are clear, crisp, clean and clutter free. You’re trying to give the idea of relaxation on holiday. Make sure your photos show the best of your AirBnB.
- Unique Selling Point: Give them something they can’t get somewhere else. A beautiful outdoor shower or bath under the stars, a fire pit, a pizza oven
- Mind the artwork: Don’t present bare walls, but remember less is more. Be tasteful and hide away and family/private content.
- Think of the extras: A throw blanket they can use outside, an umbrella in case of rain, toothpaste & band-aids just incase
- Make the cabin and space the hero: Unfortunately your guests aren’t coming to see you